March 06, 2005

MOVIES: five quotes

So the latest meme sweeping the blogosphere (I picked it up from Our Girl in Chicago at About Last Night) is this: List the first five movie quotes that come to mind; they must be from five different movies.

What surprised me was that this turned into the opposite of "don't think about an elephant." My daily conversations are full of TV and movie quotes, but as soon as I wanted to actually think of any, my mind went blank. I did, however, finally come up with these five:

"But ya aaaaare, Blanche, ya aaaaare in that chair!" -- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?" -- Airplane

"That'll do, pig." -- Babe

"And I guess that was your accomplice in the woodchipper." -- Fargo

"I went to a bar mitzvah once; that doesn't make me Jewish." -- The Opposite of Sex

And yours?

No comments: