June 30, 2007

Smackdown: 1988

Speaking of StinkyLulu, it's now official that the July Smackdown will focus on the Supporting Actress nominees from 1988. So over the next few weeks, I'll be watching and commenting on the following performances:
  • Joan Cusack and Sigourney Weaver, Working Girl
  • Geena Davis, The Accidental Tourist
  • Michelle Pfeiffer, Dangerous Liaisons
  • Frances McDormand, Mississippi Burning

I saw all of these movies when they were released, but haven't seen any of them since; the only one that I have any strong memories of is Dangerous Liaisons, which I remember hating intensely.

This month's Smackdowners are:

I urge you to visit their blogs -- several of them are new to me, and I look forward to getting to know them -- and follow the Smackdown as it progresses, culminating in the final vote at StinkyLulu's on the 29th of July.

No comments: