December 24, 2005

Meme of the week, popping up almost everywhere, most recently at David's:

Four jobs you’ve had in your life: librarian, waiter, paper boy, pea picker.

Four movies you could watch over and over: Oddly enough, as much as I love movies, I don't tend to be a re-watcher; there are too many movies I haven't even seen once yet. But let's see . . . Beauty and the Beast (the Disney musical; I cry every time Belle comes down the staircase in that yellow gown while Angela sings the title song); Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (brilliant wordplay will always grab my attention); Moulin Rouge (all that spectacle, and the thrilling romance of "Come What May"); and we'll fill the fourth spot with a group of perfect shorts directed by Chuck Jones -- Duck Amuck, One Froggy Evening, and What's Opera, Doc.

Four places you’ve lived: Albany, VT; St. Louis, MO; Ann Arbor, MI; Los Angeles, CA. The only four places I've lived, actually.

Four TV shows you love to watch: Lost; The Daily Show; Project Runway; My Name Is Earl.

Four places you’ve been on vacation: Another toughie; I'm not a big traveler, and don't tend to go places unless there's a reason for the trip. I've been to New York, Miami, Denver, Dallas, and Montreal, for instance, with various choruses. About the only place I ever go just because I love being there is San Francisco.

Four websites you visit daily: Aside from those listed in the blogroll, there's Salon, Slate, the Los Angeles Public Library, and IMDB.

Four of your favorite foods: a thick ham steak; my mother's stuffed shells; pepperoni pizza; my mother's peanut butter fudge.

Four places you’d rather be: at the movies; in college; on Broadway; San Francisco.

No comments: