December 18, 2005

Here's my contribution to the latest iTunes meme making its way through the blogosphere. It originated at Don Nunn's blog, and I discovered it at Robert Gable's aworks.

How many songs?
2,874 songs, 8.24 GB, 6.2 days total playing time. Not as large as some libraries I've seen, but I've been slow about loading my CD collection; I will eventually have to abandon my 20G iPod for a larger model.

Sorted by song title, the first and last songs:
'Til I Can Make It On My Own / Martina McBride; Zorba the Greek / Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass

Sorted by artist, the first and last songs:
96 Tears / ? and the Mysterians; Mister Loveman / Yvonne Carroll

Sorted by album, the first and last songs:
Every Morning / Sugar Ray (from 14:59); Your Tender Loving Care / Buck Owens (from Your Tender Loving Care)

Top 10 most-played songs:
The Joy of Pickled Okra / Da Vinci's Notebook
That Lonesome Road / Chicago Voice Exchange
Words Enough to Tell You / The Mascots
Xanadu / Olivia Newton-John & ELO
Stay Awhile / The Clovers
Tracy / Cuff Links
Eye in the Sky / Jonatha Brooke
A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow / Mitch and Mickey
10 Rocks / Shelby Lynne
Dancing Queen / Frida & The Real Group

10 most recently played songs:
Music of Heaven / Jason Robert Brown
I Love You More Than Cheese / Adam Bryant
Till I Can't Take It Anymore / The Beautiful South
Baby Got Back / Jonathan Coulton
Hide and Seek / Imogen Heap
Caravan of Love / The Housemartins
Surfer Girl / Phranc
Wishful Thinking / The Ditty Bops
Over the Weekend / The Playboys
Trust In Me / Holly Cole Trio

Find “sex”; how many songs?
24, most of which are performed by The Essex; only Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy Thing" actually has "sex" in the title

Find “death”; how many songs?
2

Find “love”; how many songs?
312

Find “peace”; how many songs?
3

Find “rain”; how many songs?
46, but that includes a lot of"train" songs

Find “sun”; how many songs?
34

1 comment:

belledame222 said...

Noticing a bit of a food motif, though, perhaps...