October 24, 2005

I turned on word verification for comments last week, meaning that if you want to post a comment here, you'll be shown a word and asked to type it in. I did this because I was tired of spending nearly an hour each day deleting comment spam, most of which is posted by automated gizmos that can't respond to word verification.

I haven't had any comment spam since then, but I haven't had any legit comments either. That's not terribly unusual -- this isn't a high-traffic place, and I don't get flooded with comments -- but I would be grateful if one of my Loyal Readers would post a comment here, just so that I know the comment / word verification combo actually works.

Thanks much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did this work?

Keith said...

Yep, seems to be working fine. Thanks.