January 03, 2005

TV: On "Who's Your Daddy?": A Sermonette

Is there any institution left for Fox to trash? They've made a mockery out of dating and marriage; they've created a show about gay/straight men that was so vile even they couldn't bring themselves to actually air it; and now they're turning the reunion of child and birth parent into a fun-filled 90-minute game show.

I hate to admit it, but there's a part of me that actually wants to watch this thing, just to see how horrific it really is.


And if there were a button on the remote that let me tell the network, "Please don't think I'm watching this because I approve; I'm watching in horror and shock and loathing," then I might.

But there is no such button, and watching it would just be taken as approval and enjoyment, and it would encourage Fox to air more of the six episodes they've reportedly filmed.

So I won't watch it, and I hope you won't either.

No comments: