August 21, 2006

TV: Another Exciting New Season!

Theoretically, the new TV season doesn't begin for another month (September 18 is the official kickoff date), but as is their custom, Fox is getting things off to an early start with the premiere of Vanished tonight. First episodes of some new shows will probably be popping up online, as was the case last year, and magazines like Entertainment Weekly may include a DVD or two. The newest tactic for getting pre-debut publicity comes from NBC, which has put the first episodes of two new series on a DVD available exclusively as a Netflix rental.

Last year, I watched at least one episode of every new series on the major networks. I'm not sure I'm going to be quite that brave and/or masochistic this year, but I'll watch a lot of them, and post my reactions here, beginning with the NBC/Netflix pair that I watched over the weekend.

No comments: