August 04, 2006

This isn't the sort of blog where y'all are expecting a post each and every day, but there won't be much activity here for the next week. I'm off for the airport in half an hour for a weeklong vacation in Sydney.

I have lots of things I want to do, many more than I'll ever have time to get to. Tuesday will be a day-long bus tour to the Blue Mountains, west of the city. Wednesday is likely to be the Botanic Gardens in the morning, followed by the lunchtime concert by the University music students; it's the percussion students this week, and I loves me some percussion music.

There's the ferry across the harbor to Manly, which I'd like to do because (a) it supposedly provides the best views of the city as you return, and (b) how can I possibly pass up a ride on something called the Manly Ferry?

There's the Opera House (maybe the Sydney Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday night?), and the Taronga Zoo, and some museums; there's souvenirs to shop for, and restaurants to try. Should be fun, and I'll report back next week.

No comments: