January 01, 2006

MUSIC: Best of 2005

I am not an album person, so no list of best albums from me.

But these are ten songs, new to me this year, that had me punching the replay button over and over (album titles -- and dates, if older than '05 -- in parentheses, for those of you who are album people):

"Muddy River," Laurie Anderson (Bright Red, 1994)
"Till I Can't Take It Anymore," The Beautiful South (Golddiggas, Headnodders, and Pholk Songs, 2004)
"Someone to Fall Back On," Jason Robert Brown (Wearing Someone Else's Clothes)
"Baby Got Back," Jonathan Coulton (download from his blog)
"Wishful Thinking," The Ditty Bops (The Ditty Bops, 2004)
"Hung Up On You," Fountains of Wayne (Welcome Interstate Managers, 2003)
"Hide and Seek," Imogen Heap (Speak for Yourself)
"Keep on Hoping," Raul Midon w/Jason Mraz (State of Mind)
"Words," The Real Group (In the Middle of Life)
"I Can't Even Walk (Without You Holding My Hand)," Marty Stuart (Souls' Chapel)

No comments: