January 31, 2010

MOVIES: Best of 2009

So, having spent January catching up with the flood of December releases and some DVDs of movies I'd missed earlier in the year, the next few posts will offer my picks for the best performances and movies of the year. There are a few movies that I saw but never got around to posting anything about, most notably Up and Up in the Air. (Loved the former; enjoyed the performances in the latter, but hated the usual Hollywood pathologization of people who choose to live solitary lives.) Of the other movies that are likely to pop up among the nominees on Tuesday, I saw The Blind Side and The Last Station this weekend, and will be posting comments about them later in the week; I haven't seen Invictus, and don't have much interest in it.

And away we go...

No comments: